We have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our team at Asylum Models. If you have an eye for creative solutions, then this is place for you.
The position requires someone with a minimum of 2-3 years experience, running a variety of CNC machines and who will help to enhance the workflow of projects. Opportunities will be available for improving skills sets and developing the capabilities of the department.
There will be some overtime/overnight work involved with an excellent overtime compensation scheme in place. There will also be the chance of attending shoots and travelling internationally with the role.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Producing accurate CAD models using a variety of digital techniques.
- Extracting 3D assemblies to program and machine the parts required.
- Operate, load and set both of our 3 axis machines with num and amc 1 controllers.
- Operate, load and set our 7 axis robot with kuka control, turntable and linear track.
- Maintain a safe and clean workshop environment.
- Competent using CAM software – Alphacam preferable.
- Competent using CAD software – Solidworks preferable.
- Knowledge of machine maintenance and operation.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently with a variety of materials like MDF, polystyrene, composite board, aluminium and brass.
- Multitask and manage time wisely as several projects maybe running at once.
- Able to work with minimal oversight.
- Amiable and positive with teamwork contributions.
- Drive to learn and expand capabilities of the department.
- Willing to aid different departments during quite periods in CNC department.
Starting ASAP on a 3 month freelance probation, leading onto a full-time position.
If you are interested in working with us, please email your CV with a cover letter and information about your additional skills and portfolio to:
Rates are negotiable depending upon experience levels.
Access to a driver’s license and own vehicle preferred for the purposes of occasional work off of the premises.
For more information on what we do, please visit our work page by clicking here.