We are looking for an in-house Engineer/Fabricator to join our team. If you have experience in fabrication and assembly with an eye for creative solutions, then this is place for you.
Asylum focuses on special effects and model making for commercials and films, more recently moving into the fields of high end visual merchandising and art installations.
There will be some overtime/overnight work involved with an excellent overtime compensation scheme in place. There will also be the chance of attending shoots and travelling internationally with the role.
- Design and develop mechanical solutions to satisfy the challenges posed by our wide variety of clients, to animating the smallest of puppets to launching cars into the air.
- Solve unique and challenging problems.
- Take your solution from conception to fabrication, access to our engineering workshop with metalworking tools, machines and materials. You will also have access to the expertise in our other departments to add to your own projects.
- Work closely with management and our in house art department to put forward proposals to clients.
- Work at the front of the creative industry, developing effects and products for internationally known names and brands.
- Work to deadlines to produce solutions
- Health & Safety compliance in accordance with company policy with emphasis on PPE requirement.
Required Core Skills:
- Workshop use and safety, you must be able to work with consideration of your own safety and the safety of those around you. In particular when it comes to the use of large power tools.
- Machining, safe use of lathe and milling machines.
- Welding both MIG and TIG
- Interpreting and producing technical drawings for use of other members of the company and for potential use of final clients
- Knowledge of the following at an industrial level
- Mechanical systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Automotive mechanics
- Basic electronics
Starting ASAP on a 3 month freelance probation, leading onto a full-time position.
If you are interested in working at Asylum in any of these positions, then please email your CV with a cover letter and information about your additional skills and most interesting project to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Rates are negotiable depending upon experience levels.
Access to a driver’s license and own vehicle preferred for the purposes of occasional work off of the premises.
For more information in what we do please visit our work page by clicking here.