We are seeking an Electronic Engineer to join our team of creative thinkers and problem solvers.
The job covers an exceptionally wide range of disciplines mainly centring on electronics alongside other associated fields within the industry.
Asylum focuses on special effects and model making for commercials and films, more recently moving into the fields of high end visual merchandising and art installations.
There will be some overtime/overnight work involved with an excellent overtime compensation scheme in place. There will also be the chance of attending shoots and travelling internationally with the role.
As this is a diverse role we welcome applicants from all backgrounds but ideally with experience with a number of the following and a basic understanding of the majority:
- Embedded C: Specifically AVR Microcontroller/Arduino Embedded Linux (RPi/Beaglebone/OpenWrt/Linux Command Line)
- Large scale LED installation – 12V/Addressable LED tape/High Power LED/DMX
- Industrial PLC/HMI (Unitronics)
- Networking (Ethernet/RS485)
- Communication Protocols (RS232, UART, SPI, I2C,DMX,Art-Net)
- Motor Control / Stepper / Servo
- PCB Schematic capture / layout
- Panel Wiring
- Reverse engineering/ modification of existing products
- Electrical test and repair or SFX equipment (fans/smoke machines/lighting etc)
- Net programming / Java/ C / C++ / Python
Starting ASAP on a 3 month freelance probation, leading onto a full-time position.
If you are interested in working at Asylum in any of these positions, then please email your CV with a cover letter and information about your additional skills and most interesting project to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Rates are negotiable depending upon experience levels.
Access to a driver’s license and own vehicle preferred for the purposes of occasional work off of the premises.
For more information in what we do please visit our work page by clicking here.